How Much Oil Will You Need to Burn to Heat Your Shop with a Waste Oil Furnace? Let’s Do the Math.
If you’ve spent time doing research online to understand the ins and outs of heating your shop with a waste oil furnace, you’ve likely found other prospective buyers also asking “how much waste oil will it take to keep my shop warm?”
It’s an important question. And, the answer depends on various factors including:
- Building size
- Furnace capacity
- Building insulation
- Outdoor climate
- And more
Assuming a business has chosen a Clean Energy Heating Systems furnace that’s the correct size for its facility, let’s take a look at approximately how many gallons of waste oil are needed per month to run the heater for 5 days a week for an 8-hour shift each day.
Estimated Monthly Gallons of Waste Oil Needed to Heat a Shop with a Waste Oil Heater:
Based on an Average 160-Hour Work Month
- CE-440 Waste Oil Furnace (ideal for garages with 10+ bays) – approximately 480 gallons per month, based on 3.0 GPH fuel consumption rate
- CE-330 Waste Oil Furnace (ideal for garages with 7 to 9 bays) – approximately 370 gallons per month, based on 2.3 GPH fuel consumption rate
- CE-250 Waste Oil Furnace (ideal for garages with 5 to 8 bays) – approximately 280 gallons per month, based on 1.7 GPH fuel consumption rate
- CE-180 Waste Oil Furnace (ideal for garages with 3 to 6 bays) – approximately 195 gallons per month, based on 1.2 GPH fuel consumption rate
- CE-140 (ideal for garages with 1 to 4 bays) – 160 gallons per month, based on 1.0 GPH fuel consumption rate
If your shop doesn’t produce enough waste oil for the appropriately sized furnace for your shop, that’s okay. You can purchase waste oil or buy #2 heating oil to supplement your supply.
Selecting the appropriate furnace for optimal performance and cost-efficiency is critical. Fortunately, we can help you with that!
Contact us for a no-obligation assessment of which waste oil heater will best suit your shop’s size and heating needs. We look forward to hearing from you!